Wednesday, November 24, 2010

1st Century and pre-medieval architecture in Perigueux


"Ok son, our seats are at portal GG, section 2, seats 17 and 18.  I think portal GG is down this way, come on!  Hold my hand son, there are a lot of people here today and I definitely don't want you getting lost."
"Ok dad.  Daddy, will we be able to see the athletes?  Where are they now?"
"They are probably getting dressed, and warmed up right now.  It's an important round today!  Hurry, let's get in our seats before it starts!"


"Alright champ, out the end of this tunnel is waiting your strongest opponent yet.  He's going to try to mess with you, to get in your head.  You can't let him!  This is just another round like every other round!  You know how he thinks and how he works!  You're going to go out there and show him what a real athlete can do!  You got this!  Go get 'em!  Yeah!"
"Just like any other round... just like any other opponent... I got this..."


"Daddy!  Can we go down to the arena to watch?!  Can we?  Can we?"
"I'm sorry son, I don't think that is allowed.  There are security guards down there to make sure we don't go to the wrong seats.  Look, our seats are right up these stairs, we are almost there!  You will be able to see EVERYTHING from our seats up top!  We are so lucky to have such high seats!"
"Why do the important people get to sit so close to the bottom?"
"Um... I think it is because... well, those people don't really like sports as much as we do so they decided to put them closer because then they can't see everything at once... yeah, that's why."
"Oh... I want to sit close one time."
"Let's go up to our seats for now, I think it's about to start!"


"Good Priest, I know I am not worthy to enter the Holy Cella, but I wish to thank the Goddess Vesuna for my victory today in the arena."
"Only a priest can enter the Cella, but I will enter and give up an offering for you."
"Thank you Priest."


"... So that's what happened years ago.  The fort down the road was used for wicked sport, but now it houses our military.  We are lucky to live in such a strong castle in a city surrounded by a great wall to protect us."
"And the pagan temple for Vesuna?"


"We destroyed it and taught them all about Jesus Christ."
"What if they didn't want you to destroy it?"
"Then they were destroyed with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment